Why and when SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS collects your information
- Personal information you give us
SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS collects the information you give us, either online or by email or facsimile. In most cases, the personal information SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS will collect from you is the personal information we are required to obtain and pass on to the relevant registry when you apply to register a domain name with us. This information includes your full name, mailing address, phone number, email address and where applicable, your facsimile number. SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS also collects your payment details from you when you apply to register a domain name, such as your i credit card number or bank account details.
If you purchase a digital certificate through us, we are required by the provider of those certificates to collect personal information from you to pass back to that provider. We will also collect your payment details from you such as your credit card number or bank account details.
- Website information (including cookies)
You always have the option to disable cookies by turning them off in your browser. However, you should be aware that many of the services available on the SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS website will not work if you have chosen to do this.
In addition to cookies, SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS servers register the type of web browser you are using and your IP address when you access our website.
How SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS uses your information
- Use of your information as required by ICANN or other domain administrators, or the registries
ICANN (the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) is the organisation which governs the functions performed by both its accredited registrars (of which SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS is one), and the registries in regulating the domain name registration process. ICANN requires that each of its registrars must make available the personal information we collect from you when you apply to register any generic top level domain names ( i.e. com, net, org, biz, info and name) to the public on a publicly accessible database known as the WHOIS database. In addition, it applies to some of the country code top level domains. For example, in Australia the personal information you supply to us in applying for a domain name registration for a com.au domain name, must be made public on the publicly accessible database run by the com.au registry.
The public policy behind this requirement is that the personal details of domain name licence holders should be freely available to all other users of the Internet. This public policy is adopted by the domain name industry as a whole. The requirement means, however, that SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS will not be able to control how members of the public may use the information made available on these publicly accessible databases.
In addition, ICANN has another mandatory requirement that all its accredited registrars make the WHOIS database of personal information for com, net and org available for bulk downloads by third parties who have entered into a bulk access agreement with SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS. If you do not want your personal information to be included in these bulk downloads, you may opt out of this service by providing written notice to SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS, or by emailing us at: email@example.com
- Use of your information to fulfil our role as registrar
We will be contacting you using the personal details you provide to us when you apply for a domain name registration through SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS, to advise you of all relevant information relating to your domain name licence. This includes any account administration information including renewal information and billing information, as well as notices of any important system changes which will impact on your online interactions with us. Each of these functions is necessary if SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS is to effectively fulfil its role as the registrar of your domain names.
- Other uses
- SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS may use your information to measure your experience of our services and products and to inform you of new product developments and associated services that we believe will interest you. If you do not wish to receive email notices or other communications from SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS regarding additional products and services, simply use the newsletter unsubscribe function available here to notify us that you wish to opt out of this service.
- We may use your information in statistical form to analyze your purchasing preferences. This information is not used to track your individual preferences but rather to give us a general picture of the products and services our customers prefer. We might also gather information in statistical form such as the number of visitors who visit the SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS website on a daily basis. Again this is not used to track any individual customer's browsing habits.
- We may use your email communications with SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS to analyze customer service issues as a way of identifying potential improvements for SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS products and services. In addition, we may occasionally monitor telephone conversations with you in order to facilitate staff training and to maintain our high levels of customer service. We will always inform you prior to any telephone conversation which is monitored in this way to obtain your prior approval.
- We may use your IP address to contact your Internet Service Provider to let you know of any problems with payments you have made to us where we believe this is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud and credit card misuse. o Where you purchase a digital certificate through us, we are required by the provider of those certificates to collect personal information from you to pass back to that provider (other than your
Disclosure of your information to third parties
- Third party service providers
We may supply your personal information to our third party billing and payment service providers where we believe this is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud and credit card misuse. Where you have made a query in respect of a payment processed by SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS which is made known to us by your bank or credit card company by communicating the query through our bank, we may supply the relevant personal information to assist you with your query. We may also supply your information to third parties so they may offer you products or services. On occasion, we may also engage other companies or individuals to perform services on our behalf such as the distribution of marketing information to you (except where you have chosen to opt out of receiving this information from us).
You may access and update the personal information we provide to the registries in respect of your domain name licence at any time. For information on this procedure, feel free to contact SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS here.
If you believe that SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS may hold other personal information about you which is inaccurate, please contact us by using this web form and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
The transfer of information across any media may involve a certain degree of risk, and the Internet is no different. However, helping you to keep your information secure is very important to SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS.
In order to protect the security of personal information transmitted to SUPA WEB SOLUTIONS, our Web servers support the use of the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Protocol where appropriate. Using this protocol, information transferred between our systems is encrypted.
In addition, in respect of any payment details you send to us, we reveal only the first six and last three digits of your credit card number on the tax invoice receipt which we send to you for billing purposes. This is to help keep your credit card details secure.
You can also use simple precautions to help protect your security, such as
protecting against the unauthorised use of your username or password or other authentication id.
Further information or queries
We're located at:
Suite 3, 30 Cowper Street
Parramatta, NSW 2150
(By appointment only)
Mobile: 0452 337 387